Kadlec Patient Sitter *Per Diem* in Richland, Washington
Kadlec has an exciting opportunity for a Patient Sitter to join our growing Patient Sitter team located in Richland, Washington!
Shift Details: On Call, 0 FTE, Variable Shift. Shift include evey other weekend.
- Healthcare provider BLS required.
Student pursuing career in a patient care setting
Bi-lingual or multi-lingual skills
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a Patient Sitter you perform a variety of tasks to assist ensuring that the assigned patient(s) are safe and unable to harm themselves. Also perform non-direct patient care duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate and sustain compliance with Kadlec Caregiver Expectations Standard of Excellence and Code of Conduct.
• Assist professional nursing staff with direct observation of patients and by performing basic non-technical tasks under direction and supervision.
• Provide secondary assistance with nursing staff for patient bed mobility and patient transfers.
• Adhere to department procedures and standards.
• Prepare room and bed for receiving patient, assuring a clean and safe environment. Continues to observe patient's environment to ensure safety and comfort.
• Communicate effectively with patients, families, and staff demonstrating a positive and caring attitude; demonstrates sensitivity to patient's emotional, social and mental health needs.
• Recognize and reports changes in the patient and the environment following department procedures and standards. Immediately alerts nursing personnel to emergency situations.
• Adhere to standard policies as outlined in the unit related to infection control, fire and safety, hazardous chemicals, personnel policies, and departmental procedures and standards.
• Respond within 60 minutes when called into work after being placed on-call.
• Provide age appropriate care. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on the department/unit as outlined in the established procedures.
• Participate in maintaining safety of patients and environment; ensuring patients are not left or placed in an unsafe situation.
• Participate in unit and hospital wide quality improvement activities in order to improve patient care and comply with regulatory groups such as Leapfrog and Core Measures.
• Perform duties to ensure patient safety.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Provide safe compassionate care. We promise to answer the call of every person we serve; to know them, care for them and ease their way. We are committed to safety, compassion, respect, integrity, stewardship, excellence and collaboration.
Located in sunny Tri-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non-profit healthcare provider in the region. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare by combining cutting-edge technology and innovation with evidence-based, patient-focused care. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law. EOE. To learn more, click here: https://kadlec.jobs/about-us/
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 311054