Kadlec is offering a $5,000 Hiring Bonus for eligible external candidates - this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and compensation package offered by Kadlec that begin on your first day of employment!
Kadlec Pharmacotherapy Clinic has an exciting opportunity for a pharmacy technician to join our growing team in Richland, Washington
Shift Details: Full-time, 1 FTE, Day Shift
Education to meet certification, license or registration requirement.
Current valid Washington Pharmacy Technician License required.
Pharmacy National Technician Certification Board (PTCB or ExCPT) Certification required.
1 year sufficient experience to enable the employee to work effectively in commonplace work situations and to provide working knowledge of the principles, practices, standards, methods, and techniques of the pharmaceutical field; usually interpreted as one year of applicable experience.
1 year patient financial eligibility assessment and interviewing skills.
1 year experience working with insurance plans, adjudicating prior authorizations, interviewing patients.
1 year administration of vaccines.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Demonstrate and sustain compliance with Kadlec Caregiver Expectations Standard of Excellence and Code of Conduct.
• Deliver upon the service expectations of both our patients and fellow staff members by listening to their needs; engaging in positive interactions; and following through on promises made in a thoughtful, efficient, timely and courteous manner so that their total outcome is better than expected.
• Respect the dignity, confidentiality and privacy of patients.
• Work in a safe manner, adhering to general safety precautions and standards. Reports any unsafe conditions to their supervisor and/or the safety hotline.
• Use of phone, fax, copy and email in a professional manner.
• Knowledge of procedures and protocols for collecting and documenting patient information appropriately for clinical pharmacy appointments and medication reconciliation.
• Provide technical assistance with collecting, clarifying, and documenting complete and accurate medication histories under the direction of the Clinical Pharmacist.
• Review registries and other reports to identify targeted patients for possible clinical pharmacist intervention.
• Schedule patient appointments based on scheduling guidelines.
• Create a medication list of the patient’s medications including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements inclusive of the drug/product name, dosage, frequency, route and indications.
• Clarify medication information through interview with the patient, family, care givers, pharmacies, previous medical records and medical providers as necessary.
• Gather financial information from patients to assess qualifications for Kadlec Medication Assistance Program eligibility.
• Fulfill tasks necessary to assist patient to participate in Kadlec Medication Assistance Program
• Work with manufacturers to help patients qualify for manufacturer assistance programs.
• Ability to work in multiple electronic documentation systems.
• Contact select patients by phone to confirm whether treatment goals are being met and reinforce key self-management instructions and medication adherence under the instruction and supervision of the Clinical Pharmacist.
• Attend meetings, training, education, and orientation as required.
• Maintain required certification by participating in educational programs, current literature and professional organizations.
• Participate in continuous quality improvement, identifying problems, suggesting alternatives, and evaluating solutions.
• Assist Clinical Pharmacists and other clinical pharmacy staff members in day-to day functions.
• Handle complaints in a professional manner and refers to the Clinical Pharmacist and/or Director of Quality Management & Patient Safety.
• Provide timely input to Clinical Pharmacist/Site Director regarding patient, employee, system or facility issues, as needed.
• Provide licensure eligible physical assessments to assist clinical pharmacist in establishing patient readiness for clinical pharmacist visit.
• Provide licensure eligible tasks such as administration of vaccines and other activities to support patient care needs.
• Demonstrate courtesy and helpfulness towards patients and their families. Information given is accurate and complete.
• Ensure efficient written and oral communication.
• Demonstrate effective leadership skills:
• Ensure that new employees are oriented to their department and well trained for their jobs.
• Organize the department workload and establishes work standards to promote efficiency and productivity.
• Report problems with the scheduling application to appropriate department and vendor in order to minimize downtime to department.
• Assist in developing efficient systems which will reduce and improve clerical work in the department.
• Maintain minutes of all meetings if needed.
• Motivate and leads staff to ensure that performance standards are met or exceeded. Assists staff with evaluation and responses to patient complaints. Assists staff in the development and reporting of relevant quality management indicators.
• Provide timely and constructive feedback on performance to department manager.
• Keep staff apprised of changes in organization and departmental policies.
• Demonstrate the ability to make decisions, take appropriate action and follow tasks through to completion.
• Recognize and analyze the implications of new situations and develops workable solutions to maintain productivity and morale.
• Act as a role model in demonstrating the customer service standards of the organization.
• Demonstrate a commitment to personal growth and development by participating in external activities related to professional goals.
• Respond cooperatively to managers and staff members in other departments to promote teamwork.
• Attend administrative meetings as appropriate and contributes ideas for improving efficiency, productivity and patient satisfaction.
At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of “Know me, care for me, ease my way.” Working at our family of organizations means that regardless of your role, we’ll walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Requsition ID: P364662
Company: Kadlec Jobs
Job Category: Pharmacy
Job Function: Clinical Care
Schedule: Full time
Career Track: Clinical Support
Department: 3010 PHARMACOTHERAPY DEPT
Address: WA Richland 1268 Lee Blvd
Kadlec is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.