Kadlec Phlebotomist in Richland, Washington
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with some additional questions for you to answer from our Modern Hire system.
Kadlec has an exciting opportunity for a Phlebotomist to join our growing Clinical Lab team located in Richland, Washington!
Shift Details: Full-time, 1 FTE, Variable Shift
High School Diploma or GED from an accredited educational institution.
Completion of a formal Phlebotomy Training Program.
Washington State MA-Phlebotomist Licensure required or obtained within 90 days of hire into the position.
One year customer service experience.
National certification by one or more agencies. I.e. ASCP, ASPT, NCA, NPA, or AMT.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a Phlebotomist you will perform a variety of functions related to specimen collection, specimen processing, data entry, receiving and logging phone orders, retrieving lab results for physicians or their representatives, control and management of confidential information and documents, and report sorting and filing. Specimen collection for blood samples will be restricted to venous or capillary access.
• Demonstrate and sustain compliance with Kadlec Caregiver Expectations Standard of Excellence and Code of Conduct.
• Perform competent phlebotomies on patients of all ages as ordered by a qualified provider.
• Handle and process laboratory specimens including but not limited to blood, body fluids, and tissue.
• Follow hospital policy of identifying every patient and specimen by two step matching I.D. process.
• Observe all patients during phlebotomy procedures for adverse reactions.
• Label all specimens immediately, while still in the presence of the patient.
• Perform specimen processing to prepare samples for testing.
• Operate laboratory computer system to enter patient data, track specimens, retrieve results, and tracking data.
• Operate telephone, fax, and copy machines.
• Review laboratory policies as directed by phlebotomy supervisor.
• Use appropriate medical terminology.
• Function as a team member, complimenting and enhancing the performance of other team members.
• Follow the work schedule and reports to work on time.
• Participate in laboratory and hospital wide Process Improvement Goals.
• Attend department and required hospital meetings.
• Pursue continuing education opportunities.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Provide safe compassionate care. We promise to answer the call of every person we serve; to know them, care for them and ease their way. We are committed to safety, compassion, respect, integrity, stewardship, excellence and collaboration.
Located in sunny Tri-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non-profit healthcare provider in the region. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare by combining cutting-edge technology and innovation with evidence-based, patient-focused care. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law. EOE. To learn more, click here: https://kadlec.jobs/about-us/
Job Category: Phlebotomist & Lab Support
Req ID: 311638